“We Transport with Care"
Bankstown Canterbury Community Transport will provide high quality, accessible, affordable, culturally responsive, community oriented transport and social support services to frail people, older people, disadvantaged people, people with disabilities and their respective carers and undertake activities which alleviate transport disadvantage within the Canterbury-Bankstown local government area in order to prevent inappropriate institutionalisation and improve quality of life.
Our programs and activities will be oriented towards our clients’ and community’s needs and aspirations. We recognise that these needs and aspirations can be physical, emotional, intellectual, recreational, cultural, linguistic, or spiritual.
- We will do this by providing:
- Programs that maintain and maximise our clients’ ability to live independently at home and in the community.
- Equitable access and service delivery to all clients.
- Innovative and research based approaches to service delivery.
- Opportunities for enhanced social support engagement which reduces social and physical isolation.
- Opportunities for collaborating with like-minded organisations to alleviate transport disadvantage and its causes.
- Increase awareness and advocacy of transport and social support issues that affect our community.
- Optimising resources for a sustainable and socially equitable service.
- Input into regional planning and funding processes to ensure the organisation has ongoing financial viability and the ability to cater to increasing need.
- Responsible and effective use of funding with emphasis on accountability.
- A quality organisation with a strong focus on continuous improvement to drive change.
- A service that is a centre of learning and development for staff, volunteers and clients.
Bankstown Canterbury Community Transport will endeavour to provide its services in accordance with the following principles:
- Clients are the focus of Bankstown Canterbury Community Transport.
- The organisation exists solely to meet the needs of clients.
- Each client is an individual and has different needs determined by their age, gender, cultural background and life circumstances.
- Clients have a right to make choices in their lives.
- Clients have the right to dignity, respect, privacy and confidentiality.
- Clients have the right to access services on a non-discriminatory basis.
- The community has a right to expect Bankstown Canterbury Community Transport to be a service that is accountable.